Birla Institute of Technology and Science Aptitude Test (BITSAT) is conducted by Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) to offer admissions to interested candidates to its Integrated First-degree programmes including BE, BPharma and MSc programmes. BITSAT exam is a computer-based test (CBT) which aspirants need to clear to secure admission at BITS campuses located at Pilani, Goa, and Hyderabad.
The exam is a stepping stone through which candidates can secure admission in BE honors integrated first degree programmes offered at BITS campuses in disciplines like Civil Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Electrical and Economics, Mechanical Engineering and Chemical Engineering. Apart from this, candidates also give this exam for admission into BPharma honors, MSc honors as well as MSc Tech degree programmes at the institute.
Through BITSAT, aspirants will be admitted to the following Integrated First degree programmes:
(i) BITS, Pilani – Pilani Campus:
- BE Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical, Manufacturing.
- MSc: Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, Physics and
- MSc: General Studies
(ii) BITS, Pilani – K. K. Birla Goa Campus:
- BE: Chemical, Computer Science, Electronics & Communication, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical
- MSc: Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, Physics.
(iii) BITS, Pilani – Hyderabad Campus:
- BE: Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electronics & Communication, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical, Manufacturing
- MSc: Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, Physics
BITSAT is a three-hour long exam where the question paper is divided into four sections containing multiple choice questions from subjects like Physics, Chemistry, English Proficiency, Logical Reasoning as well as Mathematics/Biology (For B.Pharma Candidates).
Highlights of BITSAT 2019 Exam
BITSAT exam will be conducted in two slots each day. The first session will be from 9 am – 12 noon, while the second slot will be from 2 pm- 5 pm. You can choose either of these, based on the availability.
|Conducting Body||BITS Pilani|
|BITSAT Full Form||Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test|
|Mode of exam||Online|
|BITSAT 2019 Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Seats Offered||2000 seats in total|
|Applications Per Year||About 3 Lakh|
Why appear for BITSAT?
- In case of scoring less in JEE Main, BISAT works as a savior. It is an entry-ticket to the best institutes in India.
- State Board toppers are offered direct admission.
- BITS allows candidates to choose their preferred ‘course combinations’.
- The salary and placements offered at the best in market.
- The infrastructure and ambience of all BITS campuses is par excellence.
BITS Fee Structure
The following fees schedule is applicable for candidates seeking new admission in 2019:
|Application Fees (one time)||INR 1,500|
|Admission Fees (one time)||INR 16,500|
|Semester Fees (per semester)||INR 42,800|
NOTE: Admission Fee (one-time) and Semester Fee (for the First Semester) are to be paid together once admission is offered to the candidate. Thus, a candidate who has been offered admission will have to pay INR 59,300-. You may choose to make the payment using Netbanking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card through the Online Application Centre.
|Start of application process||January 4, 2019|
|Deadline to apply||March 20, 2019|
|Revision/Editing in the application form by candidates||March 22, 2019 – March 25, 2019|
|Test center allotment and announcement to candidates||March 27, 2019|
|Candidates to reserve Test dates & slot||March 28, 2019 – April 8, 2019|
|Candidates to download the Hall tickets with instructions||April 12, 2019 – May 13, 2019|
|BITSAT Online tests||May 16, 2019 – May 26, 2019|
|Candidates to apply for admission with 12th marks & preferences||May 16, 2019 – June 18, 2019|
|Admit List and Wait List announcement||June 20, 2019|
Eligibility for BITSAT
The basic eligibility to appear for BITSAT 2019 is to secure a minimum of 60% in each of the subjects of class 12.The course-wise eligibility is listed below:
Eligibility Criteria for B.E. (Hons.), M.Sc. (Hons.) and M.Sc. (Tech.) Programs
- Candidates must have passed class 12th examination from a recognized board, with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main subjects.
- They must secure the minimum aggregate of 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.
Eligibility Criteria for B. Pharm (Hons.) Programs
- Students must have successfully passed class 12th examinations with minimum 75% aggregate marks.
- They must have Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as the main subjects in Class 12th.
BITSAT 2019 Registration
The application process for BITSAT 2019 will start from January 04, 2019. The process to apply is completely online. The steps to fill the BITSAT application form are mentioned below:
- Step 1: Application Form- Filling- Enter your personal and academic details to generate a unique application number.
- Step 2: Upload Scanned Images- Make sure the size of the image is between 4 kb to 50 Kb (for photograph) and 1 kb to 30 kb (for signature)
- Step 3: Payment of Application Fee- This varies for male & female candidates and NRI candidates. The online application fee can be paid by credit card/debit card or net banking while the offline payment can be made through a bank challan.
BITSAT application fee is depicted below :
|For Male candidates||INR 2950|
|For Female candidates||INR 2450|
|For NRI candidates||$70 (INR 4500)|
- It is a Computer Based Test and candidates should do slot booking for the Test.
- The exam will be of 3 hours duration and will consist of 4 parts.
- There is no time limit for individual parts of the test.
- There will be 150 questions in all.
- All the questions will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) i.e. each question will have four choices, only one being the correct choice.
- Each correct answer fetches 3 marks, while each incorrect answer has a penalty of 1 mark (-1 mark).
- No marks are awarded for questions not attempted.
- The candidates can go back and change any of their answers among the 150 questions.
- The medium of Question paper will be English only.
The no. of questions in each part is as follows:
|Part||Subject||No of questions|
|Part III||(a) English Proficiency,|
(b) Logical Reasoning
|Part IV||Mathematics / Biology||45|
- If a candidate answers all the 150 questions (without skipping any question), the candidate will have an option of attempting 12 extra questions, if there is still time left.
- These extra questions will be from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology with four questions from each subject.
- Also, once the candidate has opted for extra questions, he cannot go back for correction of any of the earlier answered 150 questions.
May 16, 2019 – May 26, 2019
- Slot I: 09:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- Slot II: 02:00 PM to 05:00 PM
MARKS IN QUALIFYING EXAMINATION
- Candidates should have passed the class 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent.
- One must get a minimum aggregate of 75% marks in PCM / PCB and at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics / Biology.
- If a candidate has taken more than one attempt in the qualifying examination, only his/her latest performance is considered, provided this attempt has been for the full component of subjects/courses prescribed.
- Candidates should possess adequate proficiency in English.
YEAR OF APPEARANCE IN QUALIFYING EXAMINATION
- Only Students who are appearing for the class 12th examination in 2019 or who have passed in 2018 are eligible to appear in the BITSAT-2019 test.
- Students who have passed the class 12th examination in 2017 or earlier are NOT eligible to appear in BITSAT-2019.
- Candidates with PCB as main subjects can only apply for B.Pharm course.
- Students who are presently studying in BITS at any of its campuses are not eligible to appear in BITSAT.
- Direct Admission to Board Toppers: First rank students of all the central and state boards in India for the year 2019 will be given direct admission to the program of their choice, irrespective of their BITSAT-2019 score.
- Candidates need to visit the BITS website and fill the prescribed application form.
- Upload required documents and pay the examination fees online.
- Take a print of the filled form for future reference.
- Candidates will be provided a facility to make corrections in their application form particulars.
- It is a one-time facility and is extended to the candidates to avoid any hardship to them.
- The correction facility will be open during March 22, 2019 to March 25, 2019.
- The candidates are required to reserve a test date and slot for taking the BITSAT examination.
- The slot booking will be done on the first-come-first-served basis.
- The slot booking process will begin on March 28, 2019 and will continue till April 8, 2019.
HALL TICKET / ADMIT CARD
- Candidates who have registered for the test and reserved test dates will be able to download the hall ticket from BITS website after it’s notified.
- A printed copy of the downloaded hall ticket should be produced at the time of examination.
APPLYING FOR ADMISSION
- In addition to applying for and appearing in BITSAT, candidates also have to apply for admission to BITS giving details of their 12th marks and preferences to different degree programmes offered.
- The prescribed application form for admission, the detailed application procedure and the final list of Degree programmes offered will be available at the BITS website by May 16, 2019.
- The completed application form with the required application fee has to be submitted online at the BITS admission site on or before June 18, 2019.
- Candidates should bring a pen for the purpose of rough work, signing etc.
- Blank sheets for rough work will be provided if required.
- Calculators and logarithmic tables are not allowed in the test centers.
- Candidates are not allowed to bring any other personal belongings such as mobiles.
Candidates can contact BITS through written communication, phone or email.
|BITS Contact Information|
|Address||Admissions Office, BITS,|
Pilani-333031, Rajasthan (India)
|Phone||01596-242205, 01596-255330, 01596-255294|
|Admission Helpline||07349470595, 09148237202|