Chetana Institute of Management
Chetana’s Institute of Management Research (CIMR), Mumbai offers Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Chetana College PGDM) in various specialization. For Chetana’s Institute of Management Admission 2020, the b-school accepts MBA CET/ CAT/ XAT/ MAT/ ATMA/ CMAT scores. Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of the entrance exam scores, academic qualification, and work experience. Following that group discussion and personal interview will take place for the selected students. The Chetana Institute of Management Fee Structure is low and has the seat intake ranging from 30 to 180. For more information about Chetana’s Institute of Management Admission 2020, criteria, selection process, placements, fee structure, courses etc, read the complete article below.
Chetana Institute of Management Courses
The Institute offers management courses mainly postgraduate courses in many specializations. Candidates can also apply for Chetana College MMS programme.
- PGDM Marketing and PGDM in Retail
Chetana’s Institute of Management Seat Intake
The seat intake for different courses is as follows.
|PGDM Course||Seat Intake|
Chetana Institute of Management Fee Structure
Candidates seeking Chetana Institute of Management Admission 2020 must check the fee structure of the courses in the table below. The exact fee structure will be sent to candidates along with the final call letter.
- PGDM & PGDM-Marketing – Rs 3,30,000/- P.A.
- PGDM-Retail – Rs2,20,000/- P.A.
Eligibility Criteria/Cut-off for Admissions 2020
MBA/PGDM Eligibility Criteria
|Qualifying examination||Bachelor’s Degree|
|Aggregate Marks||Above 50%|
|Entrance Test Valid Score||MAH-CET / CAT / ATMA / CMAT / MAT / XAT/ GMAT|
|Admission process||Group discussion (GD), Personal interview (PI)|
Chetana Institute of Management Eligibility Criteria
For the Chetana Institute of Management Admission 2020, students must clear the eligibility criteria to participate in the admission process. Failing to do so may lead to cancellation of the candidature of an aspirant.
- A candidate must have a graduation degree from a recognized university. Bachelor degree in any discipline is acceptable.
- Final year students are also eligible to apply.
- Valid Scorecard of MBA CET/ CAT/ XAT/ MAT/ ATMA/ CMAT.
Chetana Institute of Management Selection Process
Once the result of all the exam is available, then the selection process for Chetana Institute will commence. The institute selects students on the basis of the entrance exam scores as mentioned above. A merit list will release on the basis of the scores obtained in the entrance exams. In addition to that, academic performance, extracurricular activities will also have a weightage. The merit list will display on the official website or on the notice board as specified on the website. Following that Group Discussion and Personal Interview round takes place to select students for final admission.
- Entrance Test Maximum Scores – 80
- Group Discussion – 50 Marks
- Personal Interview – 45 Marks
- Academic Performace – 20 Marks
- Extra Curricular Activities – 05 Marks
Chetana Institute of Management Application Form 2020
The institute will release the application form on the official website. It is necessary that candidates fill the application form to participate in the selection process. Most importantly, fill all the details correctly in the form. As before calling for the GDPI round, a thorough will be done of your academic, work, hobbies, extracurricular activities. You have to submit the fee after paying the registration fee as applicable. In addition to that register for the exams through which you want to take admission in the college.
Chetana Institute of Management GDPI
Candidates who will get the call to participate in the selection process must reach the test locations on the specified dates and locations. On the same day, you have to deposit Rs 500/- as the GDPI Registration charges. Moreover, candidates who will remain absent on the GDPI day will not able to participate on the different dates.
For the final admission, you have to submit the following documents.
- Degree certificate or mark sheet
- Valid MBA CET / CAT / MAT / XAT/ ATMA / CMAT Score Card
- Passport size colored photograph in formals
- Demand draft for college fees
- GAP, Indian Nationality, School Leaving Certificate
- Online Registration for Anti Ragging Affidavit
Chetana Institute of Management Placements
Here you can check the placement stats for the PGDM batch 2016-2018.
- Highest Package – Rs 8.80 Lakhs
- Average Package – Rs 5.34 Lakhs
PGDM – Marketing
- Highest Package – Rs 8.80 Lakhs
- Average Package – Rs 5.30 Lakhs
Programs Offered, Specializations & Intake
CIMR Mumbai offers three AICTE approved 2 years full time PGDM programs:
Post-Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
The Post-Graduate Diploma in Management program is structured to provide a perfect combination of in-depth conceptual understanding and practical insights to tackle real-world business issues. The pedagogy followed at CIMR includes class room lectures, discussions, case studies, peer learning, audio visual aids, presentations, participation in competitions and events.
The program comprises of 4 semesters spanning over 2 academic years. The specializations are offered in Marketing, Finance, Human Resource Management, Operations, and Systems.
Intake: The present in-take of the program is 180 seats.
Marketing management is a critical factor which directly influences the organic growth and sustenance of any organization. It is with this premise that that PGDM Marketing program has been designed at CIMR. This program teaches students how to devise and deploy effective marketing strategies to counter any challenges in business. The pedagogy followed at CIMR includes class room lectures, discussions, case studies, peer learning, audio visual aids, presentations, participation in competitions and events. The program comprises of 4 semesters spanning over 2 academic years.
Intake: The present in-take of the program is 60 seats.
Chetana’s Retails Management PGDM programme is designed with the aid of modern technology, market experience, and constant innovation. The pedagogy followed at CIMR includes class room lectures, discussions, case studies, peer learning, audio visual aids, presentations, participation in competitions and events. The program prepares students for the fast changing modern retail industry by combining quality theoretical knowledge and practical applications.
The Students of retail program have the opportunity of participating in Industrial Visits, Live Projects, Off- Summer Projects and weekend Field Projects.
Intake: Present Intake is 30 seats
Chetana’s Institute Programme Fees
The 2 years fees payable by students for PGDM programme at Chetana’s Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai is as under:
|PGDM Programme||Programme Fee (Rs. in Lakhs)|
|PGDM Marketing 2020-22||7.85|
|PGDM Retail 2020-22||7.15|
In addition following fee is also payable:
- Library / Computer Laboratory deposit of Rs. 10,000/- (Refundable) to be paid separately by DD / PO.
- The Fees are payable by Demand Draft / PO drawn in favour of “Chetana’s Institute of Management & Research”, payable at Mumbai.
CIMR Mumbai Placements
Chetana’s Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai has a high placement record. The successful placement for PGDM 2017-19 batch is a testimony that top recruiters have been reposing their faith in the quality of education, curriculum and pedagogy imparted to the students at CIMR Mumbai.
Highest package for PGDM programme at Chetana’s Institute stood at Rs.10 LPA while Average salary was Rs.5.5 LPA.
Top Recruiters at CIMR Mumbai Placements include BlackRock, Blue Star, Citi Corp, Crisil, HDFC Group, ICICI Group, Kotak Group, Nomura SBI Mutual Funds, Amul Bajaj Electricals, CEAT, FCB Ulka, HUL, Ingram Micro, ITC, Marico, Nestle, Amazon, BookMyShow, L&T Infotech, Nielsen, Tata Trust, DHL, TCS, Aditya Birla Fashion & Retail ltd Reliance Retail, Tata Trent among others.
Chetana’s Admission Criteria 2020 describe the admission eligibility, admission process, weightage to entrance exam scores like CAT 2019, XAT 2020, CMAT 2020, MAH CET 2020, MAT, ATMA, weightage to academics and work experience, final selection process with the weightage to different components in final selection criteria.
Last Date to Apply: April 20, 2020
Last date to apply for admission at CIMR is April 20, 2020. Candidates seeking admission to various PGDM programmes 2020-22 at Chetana’s Institute should have appeared in one of the six entrance exams -CAT 2019/XAT 2020/CMAT 2020/MAHCET 2020/MAT 2019-20/ATMA 2020-21.
The application fee is Rs.2000/- and the application process is online.
How to Apply for Admission at CIMR, Mumbai
Chetana’s institute has introduced a single common online application form for all the three PGDM programmes. The application fee is Rs.2000/- . This fee should be paid online through NET Banking, NEFT/RTGS, Credit card/Debit card payment. There is no cut-off for applying for PGDM at Chetana’s. While applying for admission, candidates can mark their programme preference.
You need to login at CIMR website ‘Online Application Form’ and register. Subsequently you will be filling up the online application form with your login id and password. You are required to upload your recent passport size photo and signature while filling up your application form.
Before entering your academic details, please be ready with all your class X, XII and graduation marks. No mandatory column in the application form should be left blank and you should fill all the data as required.
Chetana’s Institute: Admission Eligibility
- Candidates should be of Indian Nationality/Origin
- Chetana’s eligibility criteria require that the candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA from any of the Universities recognized by University Grants Commission or Association of Indian Universities in any discipline
- Apart from a recognized graduate degree, the candidate should appear in one the six MBA entrance exams as given above and must score positive marks to become eligible for admission.
- A candidate appearing for the final year bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed the degree requirements and are awaiting results is also eligible to apply for Chetana’s Institute Admission 2020.
- Work Experience is not mandatory
Chetana’s Institute Admission Criteria
CIMR Admission Criteria 2020 will be a two step process involving the Shortlisting criteria based on entrance exam score and the Final admission selection Criteria
- Shortlisting Criteria
The first part of Chetana’s Admission criteria is the shortlisting criteria before final selection round. Chetana’s Institute will shortlist the candidates for GD-PI round as well as document verification of academic qualifications from school to graduation. The Shortlisting criteria will be as under:
- Chetana’s Institute will shortlist all the candidates who apply on the basis of entrance exam scores accepted for admission for GD-PI round
- Only those candidates will be shortlisted who have scored non zero positive scores in the MBA entrance exam.
- Chetana’s Institute will consider aggregate scores and not sectional scores of the applicants in the acceptable entrance exams for shortlisting.
- Applicants may submit more than one entrance test score. Chetana’s Institute will consider the best test score for shortlisting.
Final Admission Selection Round Criteria
- Final admission round at Chetana’s Institute will consist of GD followed by in depth personal interview
- For GD-PI round, the complete schedule is available on CIMR website at the link Admission Procedure
- The GD/PI dates will be in April/May 2020
- Candidates who remain absent for either GD or the PI shall be treated as not an eligible candidate for the admission to the course. It is mandatory for eligible candidate to attend both GD & PI without fail for the admission to the course.
- The merit list for admission will be displayed on the Notice Board in order of merit
Final Admission Offer
Admission offers are made as per preferred choice of PGDM programme and in accordance with the merit list prepared by CIMR based on following parameters and weightage awarded to each of them:
Chetana’s Final Selection Criteria weights for Admission 2020:
Admission Weight Component
Marks Assigned Out of 200
Entrance Exam score (CMAT/ CAT/XAT/MAHCET/MAT/ATMA)
Scaled down, must have scored positive marks
Group Discussion (GD)
Schedule on CIMR Website
Will assess Attitude, communication skill, Awareness
Maximum for 5+ years Experience
Past Academic Record
75% & Above Marks in Class X, XII, Graduation
Sports/Extra Curricular Activities
University/Distt/State/National/International level sports, extracurricular activities
Following attested documents are to be submitted at the time of admission at CIMR by the Candidates:
- One set of statement of marks of SSC, HSC and Graduation with Degree Certificate. The candidates appeared for the Final Year examination must produce the marks sheets for the bachelor degree by the stipulated date.
- Valid MAH CET / CAT / MAT / XAT/ ATMA / CMAT Score Card
One Passport size colour photograph (formal)
Demand Draft for payment of fees.
- GAP Certificate / Affidavit
- Certificate of Indian Nationality in the name of the candidate
- School Leaving Certificate for Date of Birth
- Online Registration for Anti Ragging Programme Affidavits is mandatory
Chetana’s Institute Admission: Expected Cut Off
CIMR has not prescribed any minimum cut offs in the admission process. It depends upon the quality & number of applications received and varies from year to year for different courses.
CIMR Mumbai will decide the Cutoff 2020 on the basis of aggregate percentile score in the entrance exam although all the candidates with positive score in the entrance exam will be called to attend the GD-PI round.
Established in 1996, Chetana’s Institute of Management and Research (CIMR) has multi-cultural outlook which ensures a stimulating learning environment for the students. More emphasis is placed on student participation in various co-curricular activities that help students discover their latent talents. The institute is located in the heart of Mumbai, the commercial capital of India. CIMR attracts students from across India in large number. Proximity to BKC (Second Financial Hub of Mumbai), keeps the students connected to industry and business. The Institute is designed to facilitate the differently-abled learners.
Chetana Institute of Management Ranking
The ranking according to Economic times survey. The institute stands among top 50 b-schools in India and top 6 private b-schools in Mumbai.
Official Website: www.cimr.in
Also Read our other Posts :
- Direct Admission in Vishwakarma Institute of Technology Pune
- Direct Admission in PICT Pune
- Direct Admission in MIT-WPU Pune
- Direct Admission in DY Patil Pune
- Direct Admission in Symbiosis Pune for all the UG & PG Courses.
- Direct Admission in RV College of Engineering, Bangalore
- Direct Admission in MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- Direct Admission in Bharati Vidyapeeth Pune
- Direct Admission in BMS College of Engineering, Bangalore
- Direct MBA Admission without Entrance Exam
- Direct MBA Admission in MIT WPU Pune
- Direct MBA Admission in NL DALMIA Mumbai
- Direct MBA Admission in top colleges of Mumbai
Call 08553211997 for MBA Direct Admission in Chetana Institute of Management via Management Quota also /MBBS/BDS/MD/MS/Engineering.
Sign up for our email newsletter to know more about our MBA admission guidance services.
Leave a reply in the comment section below & let us know what You think.