DIPLOMA in Engineering and Technology – Diploma programs are a higher education opportunity that schools around the world offer.
- This program is often a clear path to employment.
- The Diploma in Engineering, also Diploma of Engineering or Diploma in Technical Education are programmes focused on practical and skills-oriented training.
- It is a technical degree that only covers the essentials when ranked with an undergraduate engineering degree.
- It aims to provide students with industry or job related engineering knowledge, scientific skills, computing & analysis, mathematical techniques, a sound knowledge of English to communicate in the field and ability to apply problem solving techniques.
- Its duration is 2–3 years.
- Many countries in the world recognize it as equivalent to Pre-Engineering or Bridging course when considered for continuing studies in engineering related bachelors or associate degree programmes.
- After successful completion of Diploma in Engineering course, students can either continue further Engineering studies in undergraduate level or specialize in certain fields with an advanced diploma.
- Diploma holders gets employment as technicians, technologists, supervisors, superintendents, foremen, machinist, workshop technicians, draughtsman, station technicians (energy, thermal, aeronautical), automobile technicians, maintenance & service technicians, equipment mechanics and technicians, CAD/CAM programmer, agricultural overseers, instrument technicians, junior instructors, manufacturing, tool and die designers, electricians…etc.