The GMAT 2018 (Graduate Management Aptitude Test) is conducted by the GMAC on an international level. The GMAC (Graduate Management Aptitude Council) is an international council, which is responsible for conducting the GMAT exam in 112 countries. India is also one such nation where the students have an opportunity to take up the GMAT exam.
The GMAT Exam is conducted throughout the year and its scores are used by some of the most reputed colleges of the world. Many B-Schools around the world accept GMAT scores.
Read below to know in detail about the GMAT 2018 exam-
There is no specific date for the GMAT Exam. Candidates can take this exam whenever they wish simply through registration. A candidate can appear for the GMAT exam only for 5 times in a year and once in a month.
GMAT 2018 Exam Pattern & Syllabus
About the GMAT 2018 Exam
Mode of Exam
Number of questions
Number of papers/sections
4 sections namely-Analytical Writing Assessment, Integrated Reasoning, Quantitative, and Verbal
Duration of Exam
3 Hours and 30 minutes
Distribution of Marks and Questions in GMAT 2018 Exam
Name of Subjects
Number of questions
Analytical Writing assessment
GMAT 2018 Exam Eligibility
Educational Qualification –
A candidate should be Graduate in any discipline from a recognized University.
Age Limit –
There is no upper age limit for the GMAT 2018 Exam. However, the minimum age limit is 18 years.
GMAT 2018 Exam Application Process
The GMAT aspirants can apply online for the exam.
How To Apply
- A candidate should visit the official website of the GMAT exam.
- He/ she should click on the option ‘Take the GMAT Exam’.
- A candidate should create his/her account first, on the official website of the GMAT by entering details like Name, Address, Age, valid email id and Mobile number.
- A candidate should follow instructions further to get the registration done. He/ She should give details about his/her educational qualifications, address, and other profile details.
- In a given year, a candidate can register for 5 times and each registration should be separated by at least a month.
- Within 16 days a candidate is allowed for the retake exam.
- A candidate can schedule the GMAT exam as per their choice.
- He/ she can choose the examination centre of their choice.
- A candidate is required to pay the Registration Fee of US $250.
- A candidate should pay the registration fee of US $ 250 for the GMAT exam.
- It should be paid through Credit Card/ Debit Card. The Visa Card, Master Card, American Express Card and JCB Cards are accepted for the payment of the registration fee.
- A candidate can make payment through the personal checks, cashier’s checks, and money ordersdrawn in favour of the VUE-GMAT.
The GMAT Exam results are available at the end of the exam. But this is the unofficial result. Candidates can get their official result after 20 calendar days of the GMAT exam. A link is sent to the email id of the candidate. The GMAT Scorecard contains, a score of each section and the overall score.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Q.1 When will the GMAT 2018 Exams will be held?
There is no fixed date of the GMAT Exams. The candidate is given liberty to choose his own exams date and centre of examination. GMAT can be taken for 5 times in a year by a candidate.
Q.2 For how many times GMAT Exams is taken in a year?
A candidate can take up this exams for only 5 times in a year. Also there should be a gap of at least one month between any two successive exams.
Q.3 How many times a candidate can appear for GMAT Exams?
A candidate can appear for 5 times in a year.
Q.4 What should be the educational qualification of the candidate for GMAT Exams?
A candidate should be a graduate in order to become eligible for the GMAT Exams. He should have done his graduation from any recognised university in any discipline.
Q.5 Is there is any age limit for the GMAT 2018 Exams?
There is no upper age limit for the candidate to become eligible for appearing in the exams. However there is lower age limit for the exams. The candidate should not be less than 18 years of age to appear for the exams.
Q.6 What is the registration or the examination fee for the GMAT 2018 Exams?
A candidate is charged a registration fee of US 250 dollars.
Q.7 What are the areas from which the questions are asked in GMAT 2018 Exams?
A The GMAT Exams put questions from the areas of –Quantitative, verbal, Integrated Reasoning and Analytical Writing.
Q.8 How to get the result of GMAT 2018 Exams?
A Candidates are given results at the end of the exams right away. But this result is unofficial. The official result is sent to candidate on the email id given by him during the registration.
Q.9 What is the validity of the score of the GMAT Exams?
A The GMAT Exams score is accepted by many B-Schools. The GMAT Exam is an international Exam; hence its score is valid all over the world. Many B-schools mention in their courses about the acceptance of GMAT Score for their various management programmes. Candidate should check about it with the colleges of his choice, whether they accept the GMAT Score or not.
Q.10 What is the Score Card of the GMAT Exams?
A The Score card of GMAT Exams consists of the scores for each section and the overall score of the candidate. There is a score range for each section. For verbal and quantitative it is 0-60 and for Integrated Reasoning it is 1-8 and for Analytical writing it is 0-6.
Nature of questions and score range of GMAT 2018 Exam
|Name of Subjects||Score Range||Type of Question|
Sentence Correction, Critical Reasoning, and Reading Comprehension
Data Sufficiency and Problem Solving
Two-Part Analysis, Graphics Interpretation, Table Analysis, and Multi-Source Reasoning
Analytical Writing assessment
Analysis of an argument