Management Aptitude Test or MAT 2019 is a national-level entrance exam organised by All India Management Association (AIMA). It is a standardised managerial test which evaluates the managerial competence and aptitude of students. With MAT scores, students can seek admission in the higher ranked B-schools to various MBA, PGDM and allied management courses. More than 600 Business Schools accept the Management Aptitude Test score. The exam is conducted 4 times in a year – February, May, September and December. Some of the salient features of MAT 2019 are –
- Entrance test for recognised programmes
- Availed by hundreds and thousands of students
- Test centres spread across the nation
- Latest technology to evaluate the process
- Validate through independent studies
- Score accepted by hundreds of university departments
- ISO 9001:2008 certified by DNV with accreditation to RVA and Quality Council of India
MAT 2018 Latest Notification – AIMA has released the admit card window of Management Aptitude Test (MAT) 2019 for May session at the official site i.e. www.mat.aima.in. The examination for AIMA MAT Phase 1 (Computer Based Test) will be conducted on 23rd February 2019, while for Phase 2 (Paper Based Test) it will be held on 24th February 2019.
MAT Exam Highlights:
|Exam Name||Management Aptitude Test|
|Conducted by||All India Management Association|
|Exam level||National Level|
|Exam for course level||PG|
|Mode of exam||PBT and CBT|
|Test cities||India – 60|
Overseas – 2
MAT Exam 2019 Important Dates
AIMA conducts MAT four times in a year. The February 2019 exam dates are announced and the next exam is scheduled to be conducted in May 2019. Here are the important dates for all the four sessions:
MAT February 2019 Important Dates (Announced) –
|MAT February 2019 Exam Events||Dates|
|Online Registration Started||December 16, 2019|
|Last date for Registration||February 12, 2019 for Phase 1 Test|
February 18, 2019 for Phase 2 Test
|The Admit Card for the (CBT) & (PBT) Exam||February 20, 2019|
|Exam Date for AIMA MAT Phase 1 Test||February 23, 2019|
|Exam Date for AIMA MAT Phase 2 Test||February 24, 2019|
|Declaration of Result for February Session 2019 (Tentative)||February 27, 2019|
MAT May 2019 Important Dates –
|MAT May 2019 Exam Events||Dates|
|Online registration started||1–March-2019 (announced)|
|Last date for registration||26–April-2019 (announced)|
|Availability of hall ticket for PBT||April-2019|
|Availability of hall ticket for CBT||May-2019|
|Exam commencement for PBT||05-May-2019 (announced)|
|Exam commencement for CBT||May-2018|
|Declaration of result||25-May-2019|
MAT September 2019 Important Dates (Tentative)
|Events||MAT PBT Dates||MAT CBT Dates|
|Registration began from||29-June-2019||29-June-2019|
|Registration closes||27- August-2019||10-September-2019|
|Hall tickets available||25-August-2019||12-September-2019|
|Last date to obtain admit card||02-September-2019||15-September-2019|
|Exam to be held on||02-September-2019||15-September-2019|
|Exam result declaration||21-September-2019||21-September-2019|
MAT December 2019 Important Dates (Tentative)
|Events||MAT PBT||MAT CBT|
|Registration began from||05-October-2019||05-October-2019|
|Hall tickets available||01-December-2019||10-December-2019|
|Exam to be held on||09-December-2019||15-December-2019|
|Exam result declaration||24-December-2019||24-December-2019|
MAT Exam 2019 Pattern & Syllabus
MAT 2019 Exam Pattern –
Management Aptitude Test 2019 can be taken in both paper-based and computer-based modes. Students, as per their convenience, can take the exam. If they wish, they can opt for both the modes – PBT and CBT. However, there is an extra amount to be paid (INR 1,100/- for PBT and INR 1,500/- for CBT). According to All India Management Association, “Candidate can opt for both the tests i.e. PBT and CBT by paying an extra fee of 1100/- in addition to 1550/-.”
The test will have questions from the following 5 important sections –
- Language Comprehension – 40 marks
- Indian and Global Environment – 40 marks
- Data Analysis and Sufficiency – 40 marks
- Mathematics Skills – 40 marks
- Intelligence and Critical Reasoning – 40 marks
Take a quick look at the exam pattern of MAT December 2019 test –
- Mode of Exam: PBT and CBT (pen-based test and computer-based test)
- Total Sections: 5 (mentioned above)
- Number of Questions: 200
- Total Marks: 200
- Question Types: MCQs
- Negative Marking Scheme: Yes. 0.25 marks will be deducted for every incorrect answer. For every correct answer, the candidate will get 1 mark.
- Duration of Exam: 150 minutes
- Exam Timings: 10 am to 12.30 pm (PBT). Different time slots for CBT (subject to candidates’ registration).
- Reporting Time: 8 am (PBT)
MAT Exam 2019 Eligibility
To get into the best B-Schools in the country, the aspirants must meet the eligibility criteria of MAT. Have a look over here –
Educational Qualification –
- An applicant should be a graduate in any discipline from a recognised University.
- If he’s appearing for the final year exams, he is eligible for the management entrance exam.
Age Qualification –
The exam-conducting body has not set an age limit for the entrance test.
MAT Exam 2019 Application Process
The MAT 2019 exam registration process is conducted online. Candidates interested in appearing for the MAT exam must apply for the exam only through the official website within the given time duration.
Submission of Application through Online Mode –
The online application process comprises three important stages. They are –
- Visit the above-mentioned link to access the ‘Registration’ page.
- Click on the registration link to register (for new candidates).
- Provide details like name, DOB, valid email ID, active mobile number, etc.
- Already registered candidates are advised to use their email ID, password and DOB to log in and access the application form.
- Here, you would need to upload the scanned images of signature and photograph. Remember, the size of the photograph should be 40 to 100 kb and the size of the scanned signature should be 10 to 40 kb
- After clicking the submit button, it is time to release the application fee payment.
- Payments can be done through net banking, credit card, debit card, etc.
- Once the payment is successful, you can take a printout of the confirmation page for future reference.
MAT Exam Application Fee –
- Paper-based Test (PBT): ₹ 1,550/-
- Computer-based Test (CBT): ₹ 1,550/-
- For both CBT & PBT: ₹ 2,650/- (Additional ₹ 1,100/-)
Keep These Essentials before Online Registration –
To complete the registration process in the online mode, candidates must keep these important documents ready –
- Valid email ID
- Scanned image of your signature (10 to 40 kb)
- Scanned image of the passport-size photograph (40 to 100 kb)
- Credit/Debit card and net banking details
MAT 2019 Admit Card:
MAT admit cards are uploaded on the MAT portals for different sessions. Candidates can download the same using their log-in credentials. Separate hall tickets are released for the paper-based and computer-based examinations.
How to Download MAT 2019 Call Letter –
- Click on the link https://mat.aima.in/
- Go to the ‘Download’ menu and click on the ‘MAT Admit Card’ option.
- Submit your application number, DOB, and email ID to access your admit card.
- Download it and take a printout for future use.
Ensure that your admit card has details like your name (candidate’s complete name), roll number, exam date, exam time, venue, etc. Those who find a discrepancy in the above details are advised to report it to the officials immediately. Moreover, the authorities are to be informed if anyone fails to download the MAT 2019 admit card.
Currently, the MAT 2019 Admit Cards are available for both Paper 1 and Paper 2 Exams. Students can check their exam center and other necessary details of the admit card and download it from the authorized web portal of AIMA MAT 2019 before the commencing session of MAT CBT and MAT PBT.
|Note: AIMA won’t let any candidate take the exam without his/her hall ticket.|
MAT 2019 Results:
MAT 2019 result will be uploaded on the official website. Candidates can check the result using their registration number and password.
- Visit the official website of Management Aptitude Test
- Hit the ‘Result’ tab and select the ‘MAT Result’ option.
- Provide details like your ‘Registration Number’ and ‘Roll Number’.
- You will see your scorecard right on the screen.
- Take a printout after downloading.
The scorecard for the MTA February 2019 exam will be released on 28th February 2019.
- The scorecard is valid for one whole year. In case of missing, applicants can request the authority for a duplicate score card.
MAT Exam 2018 Scorecard:
- Candidates whose results were out on 25th May 2018 can use the MAT scorecard till 24 May 2019.
- The scorecard is valid for one whole year.
- It can be obtained from the website of AIMA.
- In case of missing, applicants can request the authority for a duplicate score card.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Q: What is the MAT February 2019 exam commencement date?
A: The February exam will be held in both offline and online modes. The PBT exam will be held on 24th February 2019 while CBT will be conducted on 23rd February 2019.
Q: What is the date of the MAT May 2019 exam?
A: The MAT 2019 May session exam will be conducted on 5th May 2019 (PBT).
Q: How many times does Management Aptitude Test occur in a year?
A: The MAT Exam is conducted for four times in a year – February, May, September and December.
Q: Hello, I’ve done graduation in Arts. Am I eligible for MAT?
A: Yes, you are eligible. As per the official notice, candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree from any recognised university can take the exam.
Q: Is there any age limit for the MAT Exam?
A: There is no prescribed age limit for the MAT exam.
Q: In a year for how many times the MAT Exams are conducted?
A: The MAT Exam is conducted for four times in a year – February, May, September and December.
Q: What is the exam pattern of MAT?
A: The exam tests the managerial aptitude and skills of the candidate. Questions are asked from Language Comprehension, Mathematical skills, Intelligence and Critical Reasoning, Data Analysis and Sufficiency and General Awareness sections.
Q: What is the registration mode for the MAT exam?
A: To register, you need to visit the official website. The link is given above.
Q: What is the validity period of the MAT scorecard?
A: The scorecard remains valid for a year.
Q: How the Computer-based test is different from that of the Paper-based exam?
A: For CBT – the candidates would sit in front of the computer where questions will be presented to him in a sequence. They should answer the questions with the help of the keyboard and the mouse.
For PBT – PBT is conventional test where the candidates are given a printed question paper. Along with the question paper, OMR sheets are also provided to be filled with the correct answer.