Pune Institute of Computer Technology, [PICT] Pune:
Pune Institute of Computer Technology (PICT) is established in the year 1983. PICT is a private unaided engineering college located in Dhankawadi, Pune. PICT is affiliated to University of Pune, approved by AICTE.
| “Bharati Vidyapeeth k peeche” (Behind Bharati Vidyapeeth)
PICT offers UG and PG programs in Computer Engineering, Information Technology and Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering. The college also runs Ph.D programs in Computer Engineering, and Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering. PICT Admissions are strictly based on merit only. Undergraduate admissions are as per the guidelines of Directorate of Technical Education. PICT also offers Ph.D programme in Computer Engineering and Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering.
The institute considers the 12th exam and JEE-Main score for admissions. The Candidate should have passed the HSC or its equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biology or Technical or Vocational subjects and obtained at least 50% marks (45% for reserved category).
About Pune Institute of Computer Technology, [PICT] Pune:
Pune Institute of Computer Technology, [PICT] Pune is one of the leading institutes in Computer education and research. It focuses on creating engineers who can apply their knowledge and skills anywhere. The college provides UG programmes in Computer Engineering, Information Technology and Electronics and Telecom Engineering. It has signed mou with various organizations.
|Quick Facts about Pune Institute of Computer Technology, [PICT] Pune:|
|Type of University||Private|
|Approvals/ Accreditations||AICTE, NBA, NAAC|
|Memorandum of Understanding||e-Zest, Mahindra, National Instruments, Texas Instruments, Wipro, Brown Cover, 3DPLM, Microsoft, IIT Bombay|
|Campus Area||5 acres|
|Exams||JEE-MAIN, MHT-CET, GATE|
|Courses Offered||BE, ME||PICT college admissions|
- No matter who you are, a staff member, a student, an alumni, or bade ghar ka bigda hua aulad, it just doesn’t matter at all. You HAVE to show the ID card! I wonder what treasure are they trying to protect!
- And another funny thing about the PICT gate is that there is only 1 gate for the entire campus and its located too deep off the the right side of the road.
- If you’re going there for first time, trust me, you’ll go right past it and still won’t find the gate!
By NIRF in 2018 : 101-150
MODE OF ADMISSION in Pune Institute of Computer Technology, [PICT] Pune
- One needs to take the MHT-CET exam (also called MH-CET exam) or JEE Main exam.
- Admissions are done on the basis of rank in MHT-CET through MHT CET Counselling.
- For All India seats, admissions are done on the basis of rank in JEE Main through MHT CET Counselling.
|Name of the Institute||Pune Institute of Computer Technology|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Merit Based|
|Name of the Entrance||MH-CET, JEE Main, GATE|
Accreditation and Associations:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council [NAAC]
- National Board of Accreditation [NBA]
- All India Council for Technical Education [AICTE]
- Computer Engineering
- Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- Information Technology Engineering
- National Instruments
- Texas Instruments
- Brown Cover,
- IIT Bombay
Pune Institute of Computer Technology (PICT) B.E. Admission 2019
Admission to BE courses in various streams, a minimum of 50 % marks (45% for reserved category) in HSC or its equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biology or Technical or Vocational subjects.
Admission in B.E programs is strictly through the merit and rank scored in MH CET and JEE Main. MHCET (Maharashtra Common Entrance Test) is a common entrance test organized to provide admission in Engineering & Technology and Pharmacy courses offered by various government and private colleges of Maharashtra state.
Counselling will be organized after the result announcement of MH CET and JEE Main. Admission will be decided on the basis of merit and counselling result.
|Course Name||Specialization||Minimum Eligibility||Selection Criteria|
|B. Tech||Computer Engineering||A minimum of 50% (45% for reserved category) marks aggregate in HSC or equivalent exam with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biology or Technical or Vocational subjects.||Admission in BE programs through the merit list and rank scored in MH CET and JEE Main.|
|Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering|
- MHCET or Maharashtra Common Entrance Test is conducted by the DTE (Directorate of Technical Education), Maharashtra for admissions to first year B.E/B.Tech programs in the state.
- BE courses are available in total 3 streams (Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Electronics & Telecommunication).
Pune Institute of Computer Technology (PICT) M.E Admission 2019
Candidates who have passed the prescribed qualifying (BE/B.Tech) examination with not less than 50% of the marks. Candidates can apply for M.E course with valid GATE score and attend the interview if they get short listed.
|Course Name||Specialization||Minimum Eligibility||Selection Criteria|
|M.Tech||Computer Engineering||The applicant must be a B.E. in IT/CS Engineering with a minimum score of 50% marks (45% for the reserved category) from any recognized university.||Admission is based on the marks obtained in graduation and marks scored. GATE score are also valid.|
|Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering (Microwave Engineering)|
Separate entrance test will be conducted for Non-GATE candidates and admission will be given on the basis of score in the entrance test followed by interview.
Pune Institute of Computer Technology (PICT) Application Process 2019
Candidates can apply online or offline by visiting the official website of the Pune Institute of Computer Technology PICT. The Candidates can pay the Fee through online mode as NEFT / RTGS or offline through DD. Below listed documents are required to be submitted at the time of application:
- 10th Standard Pass Certificate & Marksheet
- 12th Standard Pass Certificate & Marksheet
- Character Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- School Leaving Certificate
- Domicile Certificate of Maharashtra (if applicable)
Duly filled application form along with all required documents is required to be sent to the:
Pune Institute of Computer Technology (PICT),
Sr. No 27, Pune-Satara Road,
Dhankawadi, Pune-411 043
Academics & Faculty
Class Timings are excellent as :
- It runs two shifts : 1. from 8:30am and 2. from 10:00am.
- Everyday two hours of practical sessions.
- The subjects are arranged well in our time-table.
Teachers and guides are well supportive for project developments. They are well groomed teachers and try to make industry-ready students. The teachings are so good that there might not be needed for any extra efforts during examinations. The teachers suggests good reference books to prepare for the subjects. I personally like the way and methods of teaching in my college.
For assignments we are guided by good faculty members in the labs. It is convenient for the teachers and also for the students to complete any assignment. As per the University rules, we strictly follow the count of students in one batch i.e., 20.
Fees & Scholarship
- Pune Institute of Computer Technology Course fee is around Rs. 92,000/- per year for open category students. But still as per the university norms different category students have different course fees. It increases approx. every year as per the decision from the chairpersons of our college.
- Though there is no scholarship available while admissions but yes, there are no. of other scholarships available like EBC, SC/ST, PWD do have their scholarships. The office person are really hard working to have the ends meet for every students. They are very co-operative.
- The requirement of loans depends on individual. If any one needs it then it is available. As per my current knowledge some of the banks giving loan is ‘Janata Sahakari Bank“. More information will be available from office at PICT.
INSTITUTE FEE of Pune Institute of Computer Technology
|Caution Money (One Time, Refundable)||₹5,000|
|Univ. Exam Fees||₹1,000|
Placements & Alumni Network
- As Pune Institute of Computer Technology PICT is well known for its excellent placement and being consistent for many years consecutively. Many great companies do visit our college including NVIDIA, RAKUTEN, ACCENTURE, MORGAN STANLEY, THOUGHTWORKS, PERSISTENT, EQ-TECHNOLOGIC, TCS, etc. These company recruit for different roles including IT, Marketing, Developers etc.
- The highest salary is given by Rakuten (Rs 33.00 LPA), Morgan Stanley (Rs 13.40 LPA), Nvidia (Rs 10.00 LPA) the lowest salary is (Rs 3.00 LPA) given by many companies like Quick Heal, Ericsson, Avanti Learning. The average salary is around (Rs 7.00 LPA) every year.
- All Alumni Networks are handled by TnP Cell from our college and they are even called once a year for encouraging the students.
- Placements are something that attract attention of the students seeking admissions in an engineering college.
- And Pune Institute of Computer Technology PICT is way ahead when it comes to placements.
- Here, companies offering 3 lakh package are either not entertained or they come at the very end of placement season when majority of the students have already been placed.
- Ohk so yeah, whatever they have mentioned in the brochures regarding the placements, well… fortunately they are true! Hallelujah!
Infrastructure & Transportation
There are two hostels offered by college each for Boys and Girls. All the rooms have pre-equipped basic requirements for two students including cot, Table, Chair, Shelves, Fans, Bathroom etc. It is also connected to our LAN. Every storey of the hostel building is under CCTV Surveillance thus prevents any kind of ragging in hostels. Security guards are on duty every day and night. The information about Hostel fees can be queried to college office.
Though the college have a canteen which provide good food but many hostelite students prefer to have it outside the college as they get bored to have it everyday. But for the students like me who gets a very few moment to have the food of college canteen, always appreciate the environment over there. The taste of food and the cleanliness is well maintained there. They also provide us with fast food and cokes too. The college Hostel fees includes the cost of food from Canteen.
I like the environment of classroom very much. The desks and chairs are well designed taking good care of the postures of the students. All the classrooms have Internet connections, a Computer, a Projector, an OHP and a geen-board. Teachers make the session lively using the presentation or by the traditional chalkboard methods. Sometimes the sessions are conducted by the teachers and sometimes by the students too.
Talking about the Labs of our college. It really feels like you are working in a company for some projects while doing assignments in labs. All the computers in the labs are all equipped with latest softwares. The Operating system mainly used for teaching purpose, is Linux (Fedora).
The libraries are full of knowledgeable books both for reference and research purposes. There is a big reading hall for the students to study. It also has a Digital Library for the students to research. It has a Group study room for students who can discuss their concepts and clear their doubts with the help of teachers.
The whole campus is well connected through wired as well as wireless networks. Students are able to have access to internet with maximum speed of 30Mbps. The coverage of Wi-Fi is not only restricted to class rooms but also extends to all the areas including library, auditorium, cafeteria, and hostels. Eventually, it enables PICT to switch over to innovative and recent teaching and learning methodologies.
Clubs & Associations
There are number of Student societies and associations are active in Pune Institute of Computer Technology college. Some of them are :
- IEEE : abbreviation of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers is the world’s largest professional association dedicated to advancing technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity. IEEE and its members are highly regarded for their publications and conferences in professional and educational activities.The following information provides an overview of IEEE offerings and services. It has :
- 2,669 student branches at colleges and universities in 80 countries;
- 334 Sections in ten geographic Regions worldwide;
- more than 426,000 members in more than 160 countries, more than 50 percent of whom are from outside the United States;
- more than 117,000 Student members;
- 2,116 Chapters that unite local members with similar technical interests;
- 922 student branch chapters of IEEE technical societies;
- 440 affinity groups;
IEEE Affinity Groups are non-technical sub-units of one or more Sections or a Council. The Affinity Group patent entities are the IEEE-USA Consultants’ Network, Young Professionals (YP), Women in Engineering (WIE), and Life Members (LM). PICT IEEE Student Branch publishes a newsletter every 6 months called P.I.N.G. The Student Branch conducts an event per semester: Credenz (Semester I) & Credenz Tech Dayz (Semester II)
- PICT IET Student Chapter have been actively involved in organising various activities ,events to cater technical nourishment of its members. Also PISC has been in the forefront to organize different events & seminars for engineering students in Pune. PISC conducts the technical event ‘Scientia’ annually.
- ACM PICT is a student chapter (PASC) is an organization subsidiary of the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) [the world’s largest scientific and educational society dedicated to computing.]The chapter was started in March 2011 with a vision to provide opportunities to students by organizing world class seminars, lectures and workshops to meet peers and experts in their fields of interest.
- ROBOCON :Pune Institute of Computer Technology PICT has been participating in ABU Robocon since past 6 years. We stood 4th in India in 2014. Students from all classes and departments are welcomed here. Robocon is a place where students can indulge their curiosity and the passion for robotics and dare to go beyond the boundaries of your academics to explore real life applications of their knowledge, learn new technologies and be exposed to national level competitions. The students also get to interact with over 90 colleges from all over the country, learn about designs, ideas and methods.
- Pune Institute of Computer Technology PICT ART CIRCLE is the Cultural group of the college that officially represents the college on various levels. It also conducts and performs various shows on campus for the students. Students from all classes and departments are welcomed here. Art Circle is a place where you can start from nothing and be master at numerous things like dance, music, painting, acting, etc.This cultural group provides the students with an enriching experience and exposure to various prestigious platforms.The PICT ART CIRCLE has a glorious past for having fruitful results in Purushottam Karandak and Firodiya Karandak.In 2015, Pune Institute of Computer Technology PICT won the Purushottam Karandak for the play ‘Sarhad’ and also went on to win many others accolades like Best Director, Best Actress, etc and has been a 8 times winner of Best Organized Team.
Pune Institute of Computer Technology (PICT) College also organises two Events :
- ADDICTION : a Cultural Event which continues for three days. It is a great platform for all the students to showcase their talents in any cultural activity whether it is dance, song, poem recitation or an act. Its a great fun during this event.
- Impetus and Concepts : A technical event of college in which whole takes part into it including students and teachers. It provides a platform to all the BE/ME Students to show their projects to industrial personnel and to enthusiast students.
More info about the Technical, Co-curricular activities and life-styles at PICT can be viewed at pict.edu.
|BE, ME||PICT college admissions|
Pune Institute of Computer Technology, [PICT] Pune College has been awarded (EDU-RAND) “Rank #8 among private institutes in India” for excellence in Education and Research.
+91-8553211997– Reach us for Direct Admission Guidance and Career Counselling Session for any Course in Pune Institute of Computer Technology, Pune