St Xavier’s College Mumbai Admission 2020
St Xavier’s College Mumbai Admission 2020 was established in the year 1869. It is an autonomous college which comes under the University of Mumbai. The college is accreditated by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council [NAAC] with ‘A+’ Grade.
The college promotes human wisdom and also seek to accompany in faith, the men, and women moulded by the potent cultural forces inherent in the university as an institution.
- This top-ranked college strives to form men and women who will build a more just and humane world.
- It strives for an intellectual endeavour that focuses on critical and creative thinking, with the focus on social transformation.
- The college provides quality education in the field of Science, Humanities, and Arts and Mass Media and Communication.
- St Xavier’s College Mumbai was granted autonomy by University Grants Commission on 31 May 2010, the college campus is 2.94 acres located in South Mumbai with good infrastructure facilities.
St Xavier’s College Mumbai is an autonomous college established in 1869. The college is affiliated to the University of Mumbai. St Xavier’s College Mumbai offers a variety of UG, PG, certificate and diploma courses in the field of Arts, Science, Business and Commerce.
- The application process is online for all the courses.
- Applications for B.com have to be submitted to the college’s admission office.
- Candidates opting for BMM, BMS, and M.A. in Ancient Indian History, Culture and Archaeology, M.A. in Public Policy (MPP) have to appear for an entrance test.
St Xaviers College Mumbai Highlights Table
|Name of the College||St Xavier’s College, Mumbai|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Merit based and Entrance based (For BMM, BMS, MA and MPP)|
|Application Mode||Online (Offline for B.Com).|
|Name of the entrance test.||BMM, BMS, MA, MPP Entrance Test conducted by the college|
St Xavier’s College Mumbai Highlights:
|Infrastructure Facilities||Green and Environment-friendly Campus, Library, Auditorium, Cafeteria, Sports Facility, Basketball and Volley Ball courts, Gymkhana etc|
|Clubs and Committees||Sports Club, Cultural Club, Counselling cell, Women’s Development Cell, Alumni Association, Indian Music Group, Philately Club, Star Gazer’s Club, etc.|
|Address||St Xavier’s College, No.5, Mahapalika Marg, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400001|
|Contact No.||Tel: 022 – 22620661|
Fax: 022 – 22659484
|Programs Offered||Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Diploma Courses|
St Xavier’s College Mumbai Admission Schedule
Schedule for the St. Xavier’s College BMS/BMM 2020 Entrance Test is given below.
|Issue of online application||01st week of May 2020|
|Last date for online application||Last week of May 2020|
|Availability of Admit card||2nd week of Jun 2020|
|Date of Entrance Exam for BMM||3rd week of Jun 2020|
|Date of Entrance Exam for BMS||3rd week of Jun 2020|
|Declaration of First Merit||3rd week of Jun 2020|
|Payment of Fee||Last week of Jun 2020|
St Xavier’s College Mumbai BA, B.Sc and B.Com Admission 2020
The college offers BA, B.Sc and B.Com as UG courses. The minimum eligibility for the courses is that the students should have passed with minimum 45% of marks in HSC or its equivalent from a recognized board.
The application form can be filled online for BA and B.Sc, while the form for B.Com has to be submitted through offline mode. The admissions are merit based and subject to availability of seats.
|Course Name||Eligibility||Selection Procedure|
|B.A.||A minimum of 45% marks in H.S.C from Maharashtra Board or any other recognized board.||Merit in the qualifying examination|
Key points about the admission for the above courses:
- For BA course, 50% seats are reserved for minority Christian students and management quota
- For B.Com and B.Sc courses, 43% seats are reserved for Christian Minority and 15% for Management Quota
- The application process for BA and B.Sc is online
- The application process for B.Com is through offline mode, i.e., by filling up and submitting a form, and through an interview with the Vice Principal of the Commerce section.
St Xavier’s College Mumbai BMM & BMS Admission 2020
The college also offers Bachelor of Mass Media (BMM) and Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS) UG courses for the students. Students need to have a minimum 65% marks in HSC or its equivalent. The student intake for both courses is 60 each.
Students from all the three disciplines of Arts, Commerce and Science can apply. They have to go through an entrance test conducted by the college to get selected.
|Course Name||Eligibility||Selection Procedure|
|BMM||A minimum of 65% marks in H.S.C in Maharashtra Board or any other equivalent in any discipline.||Merit basis and performance in the Entrance test conducted by the college|
Important points about BMM and BMS admission:
- There is a relaxation of 5% for students belonging to Christian Minority and 10% for students belonging to SC/ST category.
- Candidates have to the clear a three-stage entrance test to be eligible for admissions.
- The test is of 100 marks and there is no negative marking.
- The fee for the online application is INR 1000/- for general category and INR 500 for SC/ST candidates.
MA, M.Sc and MPP Admission 2020
The college offers MA in 2 specializations, M.Sc in 5 specializations and an MPP course under the PG program. The application process for these courses can be done online.
Students applying for MA must have secured a minimum of 50% marks in any discipline of arts, science or commerce. Students must have passed B.Sc or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks to apply for M.Sc.
The selection in MPP is done on the basis of an entrance test and interview conducted by the college. Selection in M.Sc & MA is based on the merit in the qualifying examination.
|Course Name||Specializations||Eligibility||Selection Procedure|
|MA||Ancient Indian History||Graduate with 50% marks in any discipline.||Merit/entrance test and interview conducted by the college|
|Culture and Archaeology|
|M.Sc||Botany||BSc. Degree or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks.||Merit in the qualifying examination|
Key points about PG admission:
- Students from any faculty other than the Arts Faculty, University of Mumbai or from any other university will have to appear for an entrance exam and an interview for MA.
- Candidates have to pre-register themselves for the entrance test of MA and MPP on the official website of the college.
- Students passing the B.A. /B.Sc. Degree from Universities other than Mumbai University and seeking admissions to first year M.A. Courses are required to apply for a Provisional Eligibility Certificate through the College at the time of admission.
- The students need to upload two documents – CV and Statement of Purpose (SoP) while applying online for MPP.
St Xavier’s College Mumbai Diploma and Certificate Course Admission 2020
St Xavier’s college offers Diploma and Certificate courses in 7 disciplines. The candidates must have passed the highest qualifying examination in their respective disciplines to be eligible for the respective courses.
Selection is merit based for all courses except for Forensic Science and Criminal law which is Interview based and Clinical Research which is screening based.
|Course Name||Specializations||Eligibility||Selection Procedure|
|Certificate Course||Forensic Science and criminal Law||HSC or its equivalent with 60%||Merit and interview based|
|Practical Gem Appreciation and Appreciation.||No minimum eligibility||Merit in qualifying examination|
|Ancient Indian History, Culture and Archaeology||Post Graduate in any field|
|Diploma||Clinical Research||Bachelor’s Degree in any biological sciences stream||Merit and screening based.|
|Counselling Psychology||Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.||Merit in the qualifying examination|
|Data Science||Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Commerce, Engineering, and Computer Science, IT, BMM, BMS and related disciplines.|
- Forms can be filled online for all the certificate and Diploma Courses.
- Forensic Science Certificate course is for a duration of one year.
St Xavier’s College Mumbai Application Process 2020
The application process of St Xavier’s College, Mumbai is both through online and offline mode. Students can apply and make the payment online for all the courses, except for B.Com course. The application process for B.Com is done through offline mode, i.e., by filling up and submitting a form, and through an interview with the Vice Principal of the Commerce section.
- The fee for the online application is INR 1000 for general category and INR 500 for SC/ST candidates for BMM/BMS candidates.
- A Demand Draft of INR 250/- has to be made in favor of “St. Xavier’s college, Mumbai” for all disciplines in Postgraduate courses except Public Policy, for which the amount is INR 500/-.
St Xavier’s College Mumbai Scholarships 2020
Under the Government of Maharashtra Scholarship scheme, various scholarships are awarded to students who belong to various backward classes and students domiciled in Mumbai.
- SC candidates with a family annual income of less than INR 2 lakh per annum are eligible for a Scholarship
- SC candidates with a family annual income of more than INR 2 lakh per annum are entitled to a scholarship from certain fees.
- VJ / SBC / OBC students with a family annual income of up to INR 1 lakh per annum can avail of the above scholarship benefits.
- Nomadic Tribe (C) & (D) students and OBC students with a Non-Creamy-Layer Certificate are eligible for scholarships.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College
St Xavier’s College Ranking and Awards:
- St Xavier’s College is awarded A+ Grade by NAAC
- College is awarded ‘Star College Award’ by Govt. of India (Dept. of Biotechnology)
- St Xavier’s, Mumbai was awarded best College Magazine Award, 2012-13
- The College was granted autonomy by the University Grants Commission in the year 2010
St Xavier’s College Placements:
- St Xavier’s College has a very good Placement Cell
- Placement Cell assists students in Placements and Internships
- Many top companies and MNC’s visit College every year, some of the top recruiters are PWC, Bain Capability Centre, Axis Bank, Accenture, ICICI Bank etc
- Many St Xavier’s College students got their Internship in top companies like Hindustan Unilever, Yes Bank, Airtel, Johnson & Johnson, Hindustan Times etc
Contact Details and Location
|Address :||5, Mahapalika Marg, Dhobi Talao, Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus Area, Fort, Mumbai, Maharashtra – 400001, India|
St Xavier’s College Mumbai Fee Structure and List of Courses Summary
|Bachelor of Management Studies [BMS]||3 year(s)||29,553|
|Bachelor of Commerce [B.Com]||3 year(s)||16,635|
|Bachelor of Science [B.Sc]||3 year(s)||33,771|
|Certificate Course||1 month(s)||11,236|
|Master of Science [M.Sc]||2 year(s)||28,275|
|Post Graduate Certificate||1 year(s)||95,000|
|Bachelor of Arts [BA]||3 year(s)||17,625|
|Master of Arts [MA]||2 year(s)||18,000|
|Bachelor of Mass Media [BMM]||3 year(s)||29,553|
|Diploma in Medical||1 year(s)||15,000|
|Diploma in Paramedical||1 year(s)||15,000|
|Bachelor of Vocational Studies [B.Voc]||3 year(s)||29,553|
Cutoffs at St Xavier’s College Mumbai :
- St. Xavier’s College Mumbai declared its cut off to be 85.17 percent.
- Which is 2 percent higher than the previous year’s cut off.
- Being a college of Christian minority, there is 50 percent reservation for those from Christian belief.
- The cutoffs on the entrance exam are based on the result of the entrance exam.
Also Read our other Posts :
- Direct Admission in Vishwakarma Institute of Technology Pune,
- Direct Admission in VIIT Pune,
- Direct Admission in PICT Pune,
- Direct Admission in MIT-WPU Pune,
- Direct Admission in DY Patil Pune
- Direct Admission in Sinhgad College of Engineering, Pune
- Direct Admission in Symbiosis Pune for all the UG & PG Courses.
- Direct Admission in RV College of Engineering, Bangalore
- Direct Admission in MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- Direct Admission in Bharati Vidyapeeth Pune
- Direct Admission in BMS College of Engineering, Bangalore
Reach us on +91-8553211997 for Vishwakarma Institute of Technology Pune Direct Admission 2020, PICT Pune, MIT-WPU Pune, DY Patil Pune, Symbiosis Pune for all the UG & PG Courses.