VITEEE 2019 (VIT Engineering Entrance Exam) is an engineering entrance exam for B.Tech admissions in Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore.The national-level engineering entrance examination is organized by VIT University every year in April/May.
- VITEEE Application Form 2019 will be made available from 1st November 2018.
- Candidates can, therefore, begin their registration and filling the online/offline VITEEE Application Form 2019 from 1st November 2018.
- The last date to submit the online/offline VITEEE Application Form 2019 will be last week of February 2019.
- The link to fill the online VITEEE Application Form 2019 is provided below in this article, while the offline application is available in selected post offices and VIT campuses from November 1.
- After registering, candidates will receive their user ID and password to log in and fill the online VITEEE Application Form 2019.
- While filling the VITEEE Application Form 2019, the candidates will be required to upload the scanned photograph and signature as per specifications.
VITEEE 2019 Important Dates (Tentative)
|Availability of Application Form||1st week of November 2018|
|Last Date to fill Application Form||4th week of February 2019|
|Slot Booking Starts||3rd week of March 2019|
|Availability of Admit Card||At the time of Slot Booking|
|Exam Date||1st week of April 2019|
|Declaration of Result||On or Before the 4th week of April 2019|
|Starting of Counselling||2nd week of May 2019|
VITEEE 2019 Exam Date
- Based on the slots booked by the candidate or otherwise allotted by the Institute, the tentative exam dates for VITEEE 2019 would fall between 1st week of April and 3rd week of April 2019.
Mode & Medium of Exam
- The VIT entrance test is a Computer Based Online test, that requires the candidate to have a basic knowledge about handling computer
- The VIT Entrance exam 2019 question paper will be made in English only.
- Indian Nationals/ NRI/ Foreign Nationals, all are eligible to apply.
- PIO and OCI holders may also apply.
- If a foreign candidate wishes to apply, he must apply from the foreign category only.
- Candidate must have passed class 12th with 60% aggregate marks in science stream (Physics, Chemistry and Math/Biology).
- For candidates belonging to SC/ST/ J&K migrants/ North Eastern parts of India, relaxation of 20% aggregate marks has been given.
- Candidates from National Institute of Open Schooling can also apply.
- The candidate must be born on or after July 1, 1998, to be eligible.
VIT University Campuses
- VIT, Vellore. (Established in 1984)
- VIT, Chennai. (Established in 2010)
- VIT, Bhopal. (Established in 2016)
- VIT, Amaravati, Andhra Pradesh. (Established in 2017)
VITEEE 2019 Application Form
- VITEEE 2019 Application forms will be available online as well offline.
- The online and offline applications for VITEEE 2019 are expected to be available around the 1st November 2018.
- Candidates willing to apply online can visit the official website of VIT University www.vit.ac.in.
- Candidates can obtain the offline VIT admission forms personally from any of the four campuses at Vellore, Chennai, Bhopal and Amravati and designated post offices across India.
- Fill in the details to confirm password through email id and password. Use email and password to log in. Enter details asked in VITEEE 2019 Application Form
VITEEE 2019 fees
|Mode of Application/ Category||Fee|
|Online (Net banking/ Debit/ Credit card)||₹ 1150|
|NRI Category||Demand Draft for US$50|
VIT Entrance exam 2019 fees can be paid via one of the following methods:
- Credit/Debit Card.
- Net Banking.
- Demand Draft/NEFT transfer (for NRIs only).
It s not necessary for the candidates applying though online mode to send the hard copy of the application form to the University.
Documents to be Uploaded/ Enclosed
- Digital/softcopy (Must be scanned copy) of passport sized colour photograph – 10kb – 200kb – 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm – JPEG/JPG format.
- Scanned Signature of the Candidate – 10kb – 200kb – 3.5 cm x 1.5 cm in dimensions – JPG / JPEG format.
Steps of Applying
The Application procedure is not a tedious one and can be traced through 4 very simple steps.
- Apply online/ Purchase forms offline.
- Applications purchased offline to be sent through registered/ speed post in self-addressed envelope to the Institute address.
- Booking of slots to schedule Examination dates.
- Download e-admit card.
- The exam will be conducted through online mode (Computer Based Test).
- The questions will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) and will be asked in the English Language.
- Duration of Exam: The duration of this exam will be 2 hours 30 minutes.
- The exam will be organized 3 sessions per day.
- For each correct answer, one mark will be allotted and there will be no process of negative marking.
|Sections||Number of Questions|
- Candidates have to book a slot according to their preferences.
- It will be done through ‘first-come-first-served basis.
- Candidates have to select date & batch of the examination, in slot booking.
- The slot will be booked automatically by the University if candidates forget to book a slot.
- It’ll be booked based on the details given on the application.
VITEEE 2019 Admit Card
- The VITEEE 2019 admit cards will be available for download post the slot booking process at www.vit.ac.in or through the link sent to the candidate’s mail.
- The card will not be sent through post. The downloaded card must be carried by the candidate to the Examination.
- Candidates will check their results through online mode from the website.
- The rank will be intimated to the candidates through SMS.
- There is no provision to send the result by post to any candidates.
- On the basis of the candidate’s performance in the examination, the merit list will be made.
egistered mobile number.
- VITEEE Counselling dates will be made available on the VIT website and intimated through SMS.
- The allocation of streams and campuses to the selected candidates is based on their All India Rank in VITEEE 2019.
- The shortlisted candidates are required to attend the counselling in person.
The documents to be submitted at the time of counselling include:
- VITEEE 2019 Hall Ticket,
- Counselling Admit card,
- VITEEE 2019 Result printout,
- Class X Board Certificate,
- Mark sheet of Qualifying Examination/ XII Hall ticket (if results not declared),
- Community Certificate (For SC/ST only),
- Nativity Certificate,
- Demand Draft for `50,000/- drawn in favour of ‘VIT University’, payable at Vellore.
Two sets of photocopies of the above documents are to be submitted too.
- The syllabus of the examination will be comprised of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics & English subjects.
- The question will come from CBSE & State Board of Higher Secondary Education.
|Application of link||Link|
|Official Website of conducting body||www.vit.ac.in|
|Contact email Idemail@example.com|
VITEEE 2019 FAQs:
Q: What is the cost of OMR Application Form?
A: The amount is ₹ 1200/-.
Q: How much amount does an applicant have to pay for the VITEEE 2019 application fee?
A: The online application form will only be valid after the payment of the application fee. The fee amount is ₹ 1150/-.
What is the exact commencement date of VITEE 2019?
A: The exact date has not been confirmed yet by the exam conducting authority. However, based on VITEEE 2018 dates it is estimated that VITEEE 2019 will take place in the first week of April.
Q: What is the mode of the exam?
A: The VIT Engineering Entrance Examination 2019 will be a computer-based test.
Q: Who is the conducting authority of VITEEE exam and its official website?
A: The Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination is the conducting authority of the entrance exam. http://www.vit.ac.in is the official website.
Q: What is the exam pattern?
A: It is mentioned in the exam pattern section. Please go through it.
Q: How many questions will be there in the exam?
A: The candidates are going to answer a total of 125 questions.
Q: When will the VITEEE 2019 application form be available?
A: First week of November 2018.