Popularly known as XAT, Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT 2019) is an all-India management aptitude exam organised by Xavier Labour Relation Institute on behalf of XAMI. XLRI conducts the exam to scan out the best students for management education. Every year, more than 1 lakh aspirants appear in the exam to pursue higher studies at XLRI and its associated institutes. The XAT score is accepted by more than 150 management institutes in India and abroad.
XAT 2019 Latest Notification – XAT 2019 Registration Form has started on 20th August 2018. The last date to submit the application form is November 30, 2018. The exam is scheduled to be held on 6th January 2019 (Sunday, 10 am – 1 pm)
XAT Exam 2019 Overview:
|Name of Exam||Xavier Aptitude Test|
|Popularly Known as||XAT|
|Conducting Authority||Xavier Labour Relation Institute (XLRI) Jamshedpur|
|Exam level||National level|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Exam Type||Objective and subjective-type|
|Exam Commencement||1st week of January 2019|
XAT Exam 2019 Important Dates
The sale of Application form begins in August every year, and it closes by the end of November. The XAT Exam is usually conducted in January, and the result is announced within a month after the exam.
|XAT 2019 Events||XAT 2019 Dates (Announced)|
|Availability of online application form||20-August-2018|
|Last date to submit application form||30-November-2018|
|Submit application form (without late fee)||30-November-2018|
|Last date to apply (with late fee)||1st December to 7th December 2018|
|Issuance of admit card||20-December-2018 to 03-January-2019|
|Commencement of exam||03-January-2019|
|Release of official answer key||Fourth week of January 2019 (Tentative)|
|Download XAT Scorecard||31-January-2019 to 31-March-2019|
XAT Exam 2019 Pattern & Syllabus
XAT 2019 Exam Pattern
XAT 2019 will be conducted in the online mode. It has two papers – Paper I and Paper II. The Paper I is objective-type and tests the candidate’s scholastic aptitude. The Paper II is a combination of both objective and subjective questions. It tests the candidate’s general awareness level. The total exam duration is 3 hours and 35 minutes.
- Mode of exam: Online
- Total papers: Two papers – Paper I and Paper II
- Total number of questions: 98 questions
- Negative marking scheme: Yes, there is negative marking for every wrong answer. 1/4th marks will be deducted for every incorrect answer. Candidates who do not attempt questions (beyond 8) will have to face 0.05 marks deduction.
- Sections: 5 sections. They are English Language & Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Ability, Decision Making, Essay and GK.
- Sessions: 1 session. The exam will be conducted in one session. However, there will be a 5-minute break between Paper I and Paper II.
|Paper I||Quantitative Ability||27||170 minutes|
|English Language & Logical Reasoning||24|
|Paper II||Essay||1 Topic||40 minutes|
XAT Exam 2019 Eligibility
To sit in the exam, candidates only have to hold the Bachelor’s Degree certificate. XLRI Jamshedpur has set simple eligibility criteria for all the XAT aspirants. Take a look at the details beneath –
- To apply for the XAT exam, candidates should be a graduate in any discipline from a recognised university. Or they should have completed 3 years’ bachelor degree programme from a well-known Institute.
- Those appearing in the final year are eligible for the test.
- Interested foreign nationals or NRIs (except Dubai and Kathmandu) can apply through GMAT scores
- There’s no age bar to take the XAT exam 2019.
XAT Exam 2019 Application Process
XAT 2019 Application Process –
XAT 2019 application form can be filled online between 20th August and 30th November 2018. To do that it is important to follow the below procedure for XAT and XLRI registration –
- Log on to www.xatonline.net.in. Here, check for the link ‘Click here for New Registration’ to create provisional ID and Password. Use your active email ID, name and contact details.
- Read the instruction carefully before filling up the application form. The online forms once submitted won’t be changed or modified.
- While entering your father’s/ mother’s name, ensure that the spellings are correct. Any alteration or change in the name may result in the cancellation of your candidature.
- ‘Validate your details’ and click on the ‘Save & Next’ tab.
- Upload the scanned images of photograph and signature (50 KB for photograph & 20 KB for signature) as per the instructions mentioned.
- ‘Preview’ the application form if all the required fields are filled before clicking on the ‘FINAL SUBMIT’ button.
- In case of any discrepancy, modify the details before hitting the SUBMIT button.
- Proceed further with the ‘Payment’ tab.
- Now, ‘SUBMIT’!
Payment of Fees –
The application fee amount can be released through both the online and offline modes.
- Online Mode of Payment – Online payment can be done via credit card, debit card, net banking (only for IDBI and SBI account holders).
- Offline Mode of Payment – Cash payment and the demand draft in favour of “XLRI Jamshedpur payable at Jamshedpur” are the offline payment options available to the candidates. Those who make DD need to visit the login page of XAT and update the Demand Draft details such as Bank Name, Date and the DD Number. Moreover, such students need to send the application form along with the Demand Draft to “The Chairperson, Admissions, XLRI, Circuit House Area (East) Jamshedpur – 831001”. This process of sending the DD should be done with 15 days from the date of issuance of the Demand Draft.
|XAT Registration Fee (without late fee)||INR 1,650/-|
|XLRI programmes||INR 300/- (each)|
|XAT Registration Fee (with late fee)||INR 2,000/-|
|XLRI programmes||INR 500/- (each)|
|GMP (General Management Programme) through GMAT||INR 2,500/-|
|NRI & Foreign Fee||INR 5,000/-|
What to Remember while filling up for New Registration?
- After providing all the basic information, candidates will be sent an email on their registered email ID. This email will carry the provisional XAT ID and Password.
- Ensure that the email ID remains valid for all future communication.
- For working professionals, personal email ID should be the primary email address. In case, they switch jobs, they don’t have to switch their email address.
- Make sure you have added – firstname.lastname@example.org in the anti-Spam software as a trusted source. Otherwise, you might not receive any emails in the inbox from XAT. Instead, you might get them in the junk folder.
- Make certain that you are able to access all emails from time to time. Also, log in to – www.xatonline.net.in with your personal XAT ID and Password to keep a check on emails from XAT and its associates.
- Along with the email ID, ensure that the mobile number that you have provided is correct and active.
XAT 2019 Admit Card
Candidates who have submitted the application forms along with the prescribed fee are eligible to download the XAT 2019 admit card online. The hall tickets of XAT 2019 will be issued on 20th December 2018. The XAT aspirants are advised to use their login credentials (ID and Password) to download and take a printout for future use. The call letter is supposed to possess details like name of the candidate, DOB, centre name & address and exam day instructions.
XAT 2019 Answer Key
Xavier Labour Relation Institute will release the answer key of Xavier Aptitude Test 2019 in the fourth week of January 2019. It will be available in PDF format, which will further help the candidates check their answers and estimate scores accordingly. With the help of the answer key, the students can easily make out from which colleges they will get a call from.
XAT 2019 Result
To check the XAT result 2019, students can log on to the official website (already mentioned above) and use XAT ID and Password. The result will be declared on 31st January 2019. The hard copy of the result will be sent by the authority to the registered address of the candidates. It would mainly contain the scorecard (overall score). The scorecard needs to be preserved well until the admission process is accomplished.
XAT 2019 Scorecard
Once the result is announced, the Authority will release the XAT scorecard 2019. It can be accessed between 31st January and 31st March 2019. The scorecard will carry overall as well as individual subject marks.
XAT 2019 Cut-off
Various factors determine the XAT cut-off 2019 – difficulty level of the entrance test, number of seats offered in the programme, number of test takers, etc. The cut-off will be declared after the results are out.
XAT 2019 Selection Procedure:
The selection procedure comprises two major stages –
- Students are shortlisted based on the XAT score and the cut-off of the participating institutes.
- Writing Ability Test (Essay Writing or Group Activity or Group Discussion) and PI (Personal Interview)
The selection process varies from institute to institute. The overall profile of the candidates will be checked and verified.
XAT 2019 Preparation Tips:
- Be well-versed with the syllabi and exam pattern
- Prepare an exam-like timetable
- Practice mock test series and previous years’ sample papers and question papers
- Follow the best study materials and books
- Take ample rest and follow a healthy diet
XAT Exam 2019 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Q 1: What is XAT and who is the conducting authority?
A: XAT, also known as Xavier Aptitude Test, is a national-level management entrance test conducted by XLRI – Xavier School of Management.
Q 2: When will the XAT 2019 exam commence? If I have to apply, when should I expect the application form?
A: The exam is scheduled to be held 6th January 2019. The application process is available on the official website. The Authority will conclude the registration process on 30th November 2019.
Q 3: Is it mandatory to have a Bachelor’s Degree to appear for the test?
A: Yes, it is. However, students who are in the final year can apply too.
Q 4: What about the NRI students? Are they eligible for XAT 2019?
A: Foreign nationals and NRIs can apply through GMAT scores.
Q 5: How would candidates know that the application form is submitted correctly?
A: Upon successful registration, candidates will be indicated with a system-generated XAT ID. Note it down for future use. However, it is important to fill the form carefully. Forms that are submitted cannot be modified or changed.
Q 6: What is the mode of the exam?
Q 7: What is the duration of XAT 2019?
A: The duration of the exam is 3 hours and 35 minutes. It will be done in two papers – Paper I and Paper II. However, there will be no gap between the papers.
Q 8: Is there any prescribed syllabi for XAT?
A: No. Check the above syllabi section to know more.
Q 9: If I score below 50% in Bachelor’s programme, will I be denied to sit in the test?
A: No. You are actually eligible for the test.
Q 10: What is the age bar for the XAT test?
A: There’s no age limit for the exam.